Holy Monastery of Ioannis Theologos
The nunnery of Ioannis Theologos, near the village Verino of Sympolitia, is yet another Monastery of the Peloponnese.
Built on Agiannis mountain, the monastery overlooks an open horizon and the Corinthian Gulf.
It is believed to have been founded in the 14th century. In 1827, it was besieged by the Egyptian Ibrahim, who took over the Monastery, but did not destroy it.
In 1987, the former dependency of the Holy Monastery of Taxiarchon was transformed into a nunnery. After its renovation, in Easter of 1988, fourteen nuns settled in its cells.
The monastery features an old Byzantine-style fresco, a silver case and holy relics.
It celebrates on 26 September and 8 May.
This post is also available in:
Efthimiou Gatou 1
Tel: +30 6983 220415